Friday, August 10, 2012

Egg free, Milk free, Peanut Free S'more Cupcakes

 S'more Cupcakes



Okay... so I'm a little addicted to Pinterest these days! I've learned so many new recipes and this is one of them.  I have modified it to accommodate those with milk, egg and peanut allergies. DELICIOUS!!!!!!

7 whole graham crackers ( 1 cup finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons (non dairy) butter or margarine, melted
2 (enjoy life) dark chocolate bars
12 large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place graham crackers into large resealable plastic bag.  Finely crush into crumbs.  Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
Place 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini muffin pan.  Firmly press crumbs to form shallow cups.  Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.  Meanwhile, place chocolate bars into microwaveable bowls.
Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using sharp knife or kitchen shears.  Place one marshmallow half, cut side down into each cup.  Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened.  Remove pans from oven to cool for about 15 minutes.  Carefully remove cups from pan and cool completely.
Place chocolate bars in the microwave for about a minute or until melted.
Gently dip and turn the top of each marshmallow cup into melted chocolate. Turn top side up and let stand 40-60 minutes or until set.

Makes approximately 24 cups.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have found this website! I am new to the food allergy game and am looking for new foods for my recently eosinophilic esophagitis diagnosed child!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that my five year old daughter who has multiple health issues and is underweight is allergic to Milk, eggs, peanuts, and soy. I am in a tailspin trying to find foods that she can eat and make sure she doesn't lose weight! I am happy to find your blog. These look yummy but I thought marshmellows had egg in them. I will obviously need to investigate furthur! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete