Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Milk-Free, Egg-Free and Peanut Free Chocolate Cupcakes

My sister-in-law Lupita gave me this recipe because her daughter is also allergic to eggs.  These cupcakes come out very moist and delicious!  You can double the batter and make two sheets of cake for a birthday party, or just make some easy cupcakes~ either way they'll be a hit.  No one would ever guess they're missing eggs or milk!  This recipe has really become a staple in our family, we use it for the holidays and ofcourse for birthdays!

What I usually do is bake my cupcakes ....let them cool on cooling rack.
Then I frost with either my chocolate/vanilla frosting (see frosting recipe) ....let's not forget those very important sprinkles on top ( I use Cake Mate Decors), and freeze them.  Yes, I freeze them with the frosting and sprinkles on top!  Which works out perfectly when your child's Teacher comes up to you on a moments notice and says they have a party the next day, and the class is having cupcakes. I pull out the frozen cupcake (allready frosted and ready to go), put in her little (LABELED) tupperware container and it's defrosted by the time the party starts!   I really have realized the importance of pre-planning when it comes to providing safe meals and treats for our children with food allergies!  Funny thing is , most of the time she comes home and says , "Mom everyone was staring at my cupcake and asking me if they can some too!"


Happy Baking

Preheat oven to 350

In one bowl mix dry ingredients:
1/4 cup veg oil
1 Tbl red wine vinegar
1tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water

In another bowl mix wet ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3Tbl hersheys cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt

Mix wet and dry ingredients together and pour into cupcake liners.

Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way.

For cupcakes bake for 15-17  minutes
For bundt cake bake for 30-35 minutes

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment