Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dairy Free, Peanut Free, and Egg Free Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins

So it was a long day of working, making dinner, taking the girls to softball practice and then I get the question...."Mommy, can you please make me some dessert??"  My reply was an exhausted...."Okay".  I just feel so bad when I don't have a sweet in the house for Julia when she craves a sweet treat.  I know that my youngest gets to eat whatever she wants, and seeing Julia's face when her little sister devours a sweet that she can't have, just kills me!  So I try to always have something sweet that she can enjoy. 

I pulled out my latest cookbook, from Mommy Blogger and Author of "The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book" Great Dairy, Egg and Nut free treats for the whole family.  Since I had some yummy ripe bananas in the house, I figured I'd try something with bananas and so I came upon the Banana-Chocolate Chip muffins.  They were really easy to make and they came out really yummy!  Two thumbs up for that one.  It's serves as a tasty and yummy treat for school at snack time, or a great dessert with a tall glass of milk, in Julia's case... Rice Milk!  So there, I tried it and I liked it.  Give it shot, I'm sure you'll enjoy them as well.  I find her book to be a great addition to my allergy free cookbook collection.  You can probably find her book on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment