Here is a great way to make veggies delicious and fun!
Ingredients: please omit the sunflower seeds if you are allergic!
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage, about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, about 1 large
- 1/4 cup roasted and unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrot, sunflower seeds, chives and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and brown sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
- Chill before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield):8