Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mixed Blessings...

I suppose when it comes to food allergies, it's kind of like that old saying, "When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade". Yes, it's a fact that our children cannot eat certain foods and yes it can be difficult to make mostly everything homemade BUT, it's all how you look at it.  I have to say food allergies has been somewhat of a mixed blessing to our family.  It's forced me to really think about the foods that my children are eating.  I really think that it's made us a healthier family as well.  We try to eat more whole foods and less processed ones.  And when I think of it, most of my kids best childhood memories include us surrounded in the kitchen listening to music while we cook or bake.   Singing at the top of our lungs while building memories!  I'm not sure that I would have thought that much about food and the value in preparing your own meals had my daughter not had food allergies.  It can be difficult to see her have limitations on what she can eat, but we choose to make lemonade out of lemons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment